Setting Eggs...5/14/11 T-minus 21 days & counting!

Here's one of the 3 we hatched...starting to get some feathers and doing really well...we think it might be a RIR roo, but not sure at this point. Here is our incubator with 12 eggs!!
10027_p5150020.jpg

10027_p5150016.jpg

yippiechickie.gif
:bun

Hatcher's Log: Star date 5/15/11, 3:02 AKD,

Have turned the eggs a total of 6x's, XOX, OXO, & needed to add water, as the tray was near empty. Eagerly await candling in six days. I will repost with updates.

PS. youngest son pulled a warm egg outta the nesting box today, & I asked him if we should eat it, or incubate it, he chose the latter, have marked espeical, that particular egg to hatch on 6/5/11, we've now the lucky #13 in our Hova Bator. Fingers are crossed, chants & meditation daily to ensure positive hatch rate.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Haha!! Love the star date reference!! We're good here too, added some water today too. Trying to be "cool" about it this time and not becoming totally obsessed...not sure that won't happen!! LOL!! End of school for kids is fast approaching so that adds some distraction and I'm trying to start and plant lots of seedlings so I can stay busy! Hugely excited though!!
fl.gif

I put mine in last night, so I day late, but it would be nice to have people to go down this waiting road with, plus it's my first, so want to make sure I keep up on things! I have some really old eggs from hens that we had but lost to a fox, but my son was insistant that I put them in, and 30 d'uccle eggs. I hope this first one goes well, lots of babies
smile.png

Julie

Just now saw this post. I'm new to chickens,incubators etc. But I set my first eggs Saturday as well. A dozen black Australorps and I really hope everything goes well and everyone else has great success.

Back
Top Bottom