Setting Eggs...5/14/11 T-minus 21 days & counting!

No pips yet fer me...
sad.png
So lucky you guys are!!!

I have three chicks.. and looks like two more pipping.. I just put some more eggs on lockdown.. I am hopelessly addicted to hatching..lol

Shelly

Quote:
I am addicted too but am going to have to stop after this next batch for it is starting to get to hot outside and that don't help with the inside temp, my A/C is not all that great.

Quote:
I am addicted too but am going to have to stop after this next batch for it is starting to get to hot outside and that don't help with the inside temp, my A/C is not all that great.

Wowmanacat-- I know what you mean.. temperatures are 90+ and my yard has little shade.. I keep the chicks inside until they feather out or are 4-6 weeks oldish whichever comes first. They go to the back porch for about a week before out to the grow out area.. I had to put in some fans and have frozen water jugs around to help keep the chickens cool.

Shelly

Quote:

Wowmanacat-- I know what you mean.. temperatures are 90+ and my yard has little shade.. I keep the chicks inside until they feather out or are 4-6 weeks oldish whichever comes first. They go to the back porch for about a week before out to the grow out area.. I had to put in some fans and have frozen water jugs around to help keep the chickens cool.

Shelly

Mine is more the fact that I can not keep the temp in my incubator steady with the temp in the house going over 80 in the day. I live in a manufactured home so it is not all that great for it is a older one. My babies go out when they start to make to much of a stink in the brooder room or at about 4 weeks. They go straight in with all the big chickens for I only have on coop/run(was here when I moved in,we rent) We are going to add to it and try to make another one for I can do just about anything I would like. It is really nice to rent from farmer friends.

Not so lucky...humidity went way down and I had to help 3 chicks out...2 are doing great 1 is super weak...1 hatched well on it's own...3 more piping...Marv...we are early though so don't fret. The chicks I helped were very shrink wrapped and wouldn't have made it out....

Hatch day for me is tomorrow and I already have one chick and another one is pipped so I guess I might have two by tonight.
Correction two within the hour

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes I am quoting myself
I was looking at #2 zipping and #3 pipped right in front of me, looks like they are chuggung along at getting here. It would be nice if they all would be here by tomorrow night I have to clean and re set my 12 EE's eggs and my friends eggs still.

Back
Top Bottom