Setting Eggs...5/14/11 T-minus 21 days & counting!

Congrats!! Will post my pics later!! 6 out and doing great!! 3 more pipping at the moment!!
wee.gif

I've two more that need to pip today, & one will pip 2mrrw...I can't wait...got the brooder all set & ready to go!

I have pips!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay and a question. I used paper egg cartons and they got wet from me adding water, should I move them to something dry? It's not dripping wet, but it wicked it up from the water trough (I guess it wasn't as level as I thought. I don't want ot mess it up by openning it, but also, don't know if the dampness will hurt them.

Yes, very magical! It hatched while I went to the store...my son came out & said another had hatched...
big_smile.png

The first one is golden, & had a pea comb, & the 2nd one is black with some streaks in it & a straight comb...
big_smile.png

I have 5 out, had to help the last one out. Got 4 that have pipped and there might be more not sure. I am going to go to bed for the night and should have some ready for the brooder in the morning. I have the 5 in the brooder where they can dry better. So far got one that is black with some white like my plymouth rocks, one almost the same color as the pine shaving, one that is a redish and two that are silver/grey. I have no idea what the breeds are at all but I hope that they are good looking chickens when they grow up.

Back
Top Bottom