Setting Eggs in RCOM Mini - Help!

KrisLW

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi,

I will be using my Rcom Mini for the first time and was wondering if you more experienced users of this bator could help please! I am going to incubate 3 eggs (RIR X Light Sussex).

1. When I set the eggs in the incubator should they be point up or down ? (does it make a difference?)

2. Many guides on egg hatching say you should let the incubator run for a day or two before before setting the eggs. Hmmm...I guess if I did this with the Rcom Mini then obviously the countdown will be incorrect as it will assume that the eggs were in from when it was turned on? Any advice on this?

Many thanks!!

Kris
smile.png

1. Unless they have made a different Rcom mini, since I got mine in 2010 the eggs don't point up at all, lay on their side.
2. No, this incubator stabilizes within 15 minutes, so about an hour should be long enough to let is stabilize.

3. The only thing I have found wrong with this incubator is the humidity is too high. I incubate at 20-30% and in the Rcom it is 50% the whole incubation, the last three days, I put a wet sponge in it, and got it up to 80%.

4. I love this incubator though. I think it is really made to hatch parrot eggs. I want to hatch some parakeets in this next summer when I have the time to hand feed them.

:)Thanks for your reply! Yes, the eggs will be on the side so that was a silly question
tongue.png
....I'll let it run for an hour before setting as you suggest!

Thanks

Kris

Back
Top Bottom