Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

I have eggs in an incubator with a turner. Should I also be turning them some too? Or are they to be left alone?
I keep reading things that say turn 3 times a day. I don't know if that is for eggs in a bator that doesn't have a turner. I hope I've not messed this up---I am incubating for the first time here.

I have eggs in an incubator with a turner. Should I also be turning them some too? Or are they to be left alone?
I keep reading things that say turn 3 times a day. I don't know if that is for eggs in a bator that doesn't have a turner. I hope I've not messed this up---I am incubating for the first time here.

the turner takes care all of the turning for you. i love my turner! before i got my bator i used a neighbors with no turner and turned them 6 times a day and it got tiring. now i just sit back and watch temp and humidity every now and then.

I am inside city limits otherwise I would have had a roo or two a long time ago. There is a local BYCer that has offered to sell me some of her eggs. I will just need to wait a day or so for them to be laid.
smile.png
That's great, good luck!!!

the turner takes care all of the turning for you. i love my turner! before i got my bator i used a neighbors with no turner and turned them 6 times a day and it got tiring. now i just sit back and watch temp and humidity every now and then.
Yup, what AZ Birds said, the turner does it all! There's some research that suggests turning the eggs through 180 degrees once a day (basically flipping them over, so the opposite side is 'up' in the turner) encourages good embryonic growth, but technically with a turner (and with chicken eggs) you shouldn't have to touch them at all!

Amy

Yup, what AZ Birds said, the turner does it all! There's some research that suggests turning the eggs through 180 degrees once a day (basically flipping them over, so the opposite side is 'up' in the turner) encourages good embryonic growth, but technically with a turner (and with chicken eggs) you shouldn't have to touch them at all!

Amy

good to know--- I am a worrier and feared I messed this up, my first incubator hatch & I really want these chicks to make it

In lock down...started wi 19 shipped eggs locking down 9 eggs three definites the others unkown this is my second and last hatch...hoping at least half hatch but I just don't know. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom