Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

My incubator is on its way to me.I feel like im at the end of the world here in South Africa. Will try to set some of my backyard flock ,only a few, when it arrives. So excited First time for me.

My incubator is on its way to me.I feel like im at the end of the world here in South Africa. Will try to set some of my backyard flock. So excited First time for me.

Hi Everybody,

I just saw this thread, sorry so late.

I placed 7 BCM eggs under my broody hen on 7/7, now I can't wait till next weekend. The hen that is being used is a Salmon Faverolle and she is a very sweet girl. This is her first time going broody so I figured I'd give her a chance. Can't wait to hear all the great stories as next weekend approaches.

Matt

I have been having a bit of trouble maintaining my temp a few days I come look and it is 102
barnie.gif
So I am not sure what is going on the thing is so sensitive , But I'm not sure if some jag is messing with it or if it is the air in the house , any in site that causes temp fluctuation?
idunno.gif
What day are you on? I bet it is because your babies are generating more heat themselves..do you have a room that remains cooler than the one they are located in now? I have moved my incubator into a room using a window AC to lower the temps.

I think it is a good sign. You probably have a lot of little chickies growing :)

Last edited:
My incubator is on its way to me.I feel like im at the end of the world here in South Africa. Will try to set some of my backyard flock. So excited First time for me.
You are at the end of the world! Enjoy hatching but Warning ...Its addicting!.
Oh and your Avatar pic is awesome.Did you take it?

I set mine on 2nd july....Mine is due tomorrow...no sign of peeping or shaking...Kindda worried..:p

I have been having a bit of trouble maintaining my temp a few days I come look and it is 102
barnie.gif
So I am not sure what is going on the thing is so sensitive , But I'm not sure if some jag is messing with it or if it is the air in the house , any in site that causes temp fluctuation?
idunno.gif
i had same problem yesterday i have been keeping temp and humidity steady this whole time and yesterday the incubator went 102 and the water drained out of trough that that was full yesterday. it was almost like the eggs absorbed all the water which made the incubator dry and spike to 102. today is lock down so hopefully everything is ok.

Hi Everybody,

I just saw this thread, sorry so late.

I placed 7 BCM eggs under my broody hen on 7/7, now I can't wait till next weekend. The hen that is being used is a Salmon Faverolle and she is a very sweet girl. This is her first time going broody so I figured I'd give her a chance. Can't wait to hear all the great stories as next weekend approaches.

Matt

I have a salmon faverolle who is an awesome broody! She raised 6 chicks for me back in spring, and now I am trying to encourage her into broodiness again. She made such a good momma hen! Good luck with yours. :)

Amy

What day are you on? I bet it is because your babies are generating more heat themselves..do you have a room that remains cooler than the one they are located in now? I have moved my incubator into a room using a window AC to lower the temps.

I think it is a good sign. You probably have a lot of little chickies growing :)
hi i am on day 16 and I am pretty sure I have 21 good eggs full of fluff , Lets hope for the best this week is hatch date thursday and some polish eggs for saturday

Back
Top Bottom