Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

I am making a homemade incubator fish tank. can you post pictures of your fish tank incubator so i can have some ideas???

Here is the link with a whole bunch of homemade ideas. It's where I found the fish tank idea. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-chicken-egg-incubator-designs-pictures
and the one that gave me the idea. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-incubator-2

I tried using packing tape to hold the pipe to the egg cartons. It held for most of the time. Until I added some eggs that were ready to hatch, and the chicks were getting their feet stuck to the tape, so I took it off and didnt use anything. but the pipe kept rolling around when I tried to turn the eggs.

Here are some pics of mine. I also took out the cardboard by the light. It was in my way when turning the eggs. I just put the water in the bottom of the tank. no need for a dish. The Humidity stayed at 50% and temp stayed at 100. Any adjustments I made were by adjusting the towel. The tank cover I have is screen on one half and a liftable lid on the other half. If you have any questions about wiring or anything, just PM me.

Just wanted to give an update on my eggs.

I'm on day 23 now, so I look under my hen and there is a dead chick in its crushed shell. I'm thinking when the hen left the nest to stretch yesterday she must have cracked the shell before the chick was ready to hatch. It looked a little small. I still have 4 eggs left and now I'm thinking it's gonna take these eggs about 25 days to mature. The next few days should be interesting. Wish us luck!!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to give an update on my eggs.
I'm on day 23 now, so I look under my dropsy hen and there is a dead chick in its crushed shell. I'm thinking when the hen left the nest to stretch yesterday she must have cracked the shell before the chick was ready to hatch. It looked a little small. I still have 4 eggs left and now I'm thinking it's gonna take these eggs about 25 days to mature. The next few days should be interesting. Wish us luck!!!

Aw, poor chick. Silly clumsy momma hen. I will cross my fingers for the remaining four!!!

Well, there was movement when I stopped turning them, but at this point, if they do hatch they will be late, so I think something must have happened.

Well, there was movement when I stopped turning them, but at this point, if they do hatch they will be late, so I think something must have happened.

Are they due today? My last duck egg had no movement either, and it was alive in there. I was super surprised. Do give up hope yet!

Well the last little duck has struggled, but he looks good today. Last night I was a little worried that he still wouldn't make it, but this morning he is looking much better. He looks to have splayed leg last night. He was pushing himself around on his tummy. I was prepared to bind his legs today, but when I woke up he was standing. Yay. :D. He still isn't perfect, but I think he was just a little weak. Now he actually pulls his legs under him and walks. I'm going to keep an eye on him, but I have hope that he will correct this himself. I sure hope so, I have to go back to work tomorrow. Yep, the fun is over. :lol:

Well the last little duck has struggled, but he looks good today. Last night I was a little worried that he still wouldn't make it, but this morning he is looking much better. He looks to have splayed leg last night. He was pushing himself around on his tummy. I was prepared to bind his legs today, but when I woke up he was standing. Yay.
big_smile.png
. He still isn't perfect, but I think he was just a little weak. Now he actually pulls his legs under him and walks. I'm going to keep an eye on him, but I have hope that he will correct this himself. I sure hope so, I have to go back to work tomorrow. Yep, the fun is over.
lol.png
I'm glad to hear your duckies seem to be doing well!

Back
Top Bottom