Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

Here is the link with a whole bunch of homemade ideas. It's where I found the fish tank idea. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-chicken-egg-incubator-designs-pictures
and the one that gave me the idea. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-incubator-2

I tried using packing tape to hold the pipe to the egg cartons. It held for most of the time. Until I added some eggs that were ready to hatch, and the chicks were getting their feet stuck to the tape, so I took it off and didnt use anything. but the pipe kept rolling around when I tried to turn the eggs.

Here are some pics of mine. I also took out the cardboard by the light. It was in my way when turning the eggs. I just put the water in the bottom of the tank. no need for a dish. The Humidity stayed at 50% and temp stayed at 100. Any adjustments I made were by adjusting the towel. The tank cover I have is screen on one half and a liftable lid on the other half. If you have any questions about wiring or anything, just PM me.

These are some great ideas----I have old tanks and never thought of doing this.
Thanks for posting

They were due Sunday.

I'm no expert, but I have heard of people making a small hole into the air pocket to look in and see if there is movement or if they can see if they are shrink wrapped. No chirping or anything? Hopefully someone might have some better advice for you. I'm sorry. :(

Well no go on the last 4 eggs. This is day 27 not good I know. I don't see any signs of movement or pips. More then liokely they didn't develope. We'll have to give it another try in the future!!!! Thanks for everyones support!!!

well it has been sad around here it got super hot and I lost all but 4 chick (lost 13) I cried and not it looks like one got in a fight with another bird and her bottm is all bloody is there something I can do for her?

just this week i lost 4 quail to the heat it got up to 116 on some days and still kept up to 108 at night. a few of my neighbors been losing chickens too. i now been putting four frozen gatorade bottles in there cage three times and day and it seems to help keep them cool.

Back
Top Bottom