Setting eggs on 6/18.... anyone wanna join?

wow! this thread is gonna be soooo much fun now! Last night i did my final candle, I threw out at least 36 eggs (all of which were shipped...grrrrrrr). All my own eggs plus a few from the june swap are doing great, they have no more room in there, they have to pop soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on chickies!
fl.gif

2 hatched, 1 still pipped... others wiggling! Ok... no more countdowns until I get home. Hopefully I can get some pics then!

3 yellowish chicks and 2 blue out, at least three more have pipped. 2 of them are my shipped eggs, I can't wait to see them!! Also one of my brown eggs has pipped. They are great because they are sex-linked so I will know immediately that they are roos ( I'm good at hatching roos)

4 peeps-a-pipping, all from my own yard! Still anxiously waiting for action from the shipped Araucana eggs, but today is just day 20. Hopefully I'll wake up to even more pips tomorrow.

Lets see if this works. It's my first pic on this forum. I've had one more hatch, but haven't taken its pic yet.

100_1178.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all congrats on pips and chicks i have a few more days to waite which drives me nuts
barnie.gif
On a side note ck out the pic i got of my dog with hens
lau.gif
he looks so thrilled.

26948_p1100244.jpg

Your chick pics are wonderful!!! Thanks for posting them. I feel anxious because mine aren't due to hatch until Friday.

I know I have 8 going strong and one questionable egg, so keep your fingers crossed for them.

STARRY, how did you socialize your dog with your chickens? I have a Carin Terrier who instinctively hunts animals smaller than himself. He's jealous when I'm in the chicken pens, so I was hoping there was some way to include him when I feed and water the birds.

Back
Top Bottom