Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

justtoni44
clap.gif
on the eggs!!!
woot.gif

newlyweds i have ended up with a lot of "ones' , one Showgirl, one Silkie, one Sumatra. Need to get mine with yours, have no idea what I am gonna do with one, just let it be I guess! Sorry about the Cuckoo, I had a few die hear and there with no reason but again , it's not always something we did, some are just weaker, Excited to hear you are heavily addicted!!
gig.gif

55327_maranseggs.jpg

My eggs arrived save and look pretty good to me!! I am also going to hatch 9 Silkies
woot.gif

I am struggling with my bator.. temps have been way high...I actually put low watt fluorescent bulbs and it seems to be working...hope so, setting these eggs tomorrow!!!

wee.gif

Hi everyone it's been awhile. Hope all is going great.

I have 6 BCM's, 2 cochin mixes, and 11 Olive eggers set into lockdown this morning. Fingers are crossed for a great hatch. I adjusted my temp down 1 degrees and hope that they don't hatch too early like last time.

Scuba- how are your BCM's developing? Question? Can BCM's be sexed at birth by feather development or anything?

Toni- how are your AM from lisa developing? Mine are doing great, I am on day 11 with them, I think I've only thrown 1 out for no development.

Wolfwoman- how did your hatch turn out with the Orloff's?

Hi every one,

I have not candled eggs.I'm not good at it for one thing...............and mine are under broodies.
Looking at Sept 1st for the hatch.
Have a bunch of BMC'S in the incubator as of yesterday.

The demand in my area is great.have had no local sales but had one lady drive 4 hrs.and another 2 1/2.
The beauty there ,is folks that are seriuos about the breed so I have new friends to talk chickens with.

Am spending hours in the breed sections and learning so much...........this site is great.

Scubadeaux: I just have not had the patience to get into facebook.treid a couple of times and ccannot remember my password....also need to take the time during the day because I am to pooped at night.

Newlyweds: I did candle when the eggs arrived.and if I was seeing correctly,the air sacks looked fine.I was surprised. She sent me 4 blue barred rocks..........one was broken and the danm squirrles got one from under the hen before I got her in a cage..............bought these just for fun.

I got smucked with a purchase recently....did not anger me so much for myself.but included a lady who was buying her first chicks.....and one of hers died. She is still an emotional mess over it.
I take responsibility in part for being to trusting and not asking the right questions.
A short rendition being, this person said she was selling show stock.I wanted a better rooster for my SLW's.
I bought 4 supposedly 4 1/2 month old chicks. They were so small..............about the size of my 4 week old Marans.........It is to long a story but bottom line is something is really wrong with them.....
The other lady who purchased was told the chick she recieved was going to be kept for show/breeding.but the seller let her have it so she would have a good start with her first chickens. Her chick did not grow .at all.
Became very weak and after way to much money for her vet.and hand feeding the little thing for a few weeks.it passed. I saw the chick and there was no way it was good breeding...........lousy color ect. The seller told her the chick would be worth hundereds of dollors when grown. (imagine that).
Anyway, I now have SLW chicks supposidly 6 months old.that are about the size of y 7 week old marans.....of course I love them....they eat from my hand because the other chickens will not let them near food or water............they sleep seperated in a large dog kennel.grrrrrrrrrrr
My hope at this point is to find someone who is interested in a few pets...(they perch on my arm.).....and get them placed in a loving home. They are very sweet....I just have to many chickens to give them the extra attrntion they require....thought maybe there was a misunderstanding and they were banty's.but no, she insists they are standard.
A person just does not expect this kind of B.S. from another chicken person....She flat openly lied and misrepresented her stock. She has a web site and sell hatching eggs as well as breeding stock..
O well............guess I needed to know there were that kind of person out there..........
Thank You for listening....
Hope all is well for every one..................
Toni
OH, I have some pic I can send email, but still cannot get them up here...........

hey guys!!!
newlyweds Keep us posted on the hatch
fl.gif
hope it is great! I don't know about sexing them, I am just starting to figure out the wing thing
hu.gif
I am going to candle before lockdown, so far so good!!!

justtoni44 don't worry about the FB thing...can't believe we are going to be hatching together again!! Mine go into lockdown on Monday. Glad to hear about the sales, that is a definite sign you have something they want!! Sorry about the chicken delima, wish I lived near you, would love to take them. That is a bummer when you think you are getting one thing and end up with another.
barnie.gif

And let me know if you get pics up, I love seeing them all!!!!

Wolfwoman how are you????
caf.gif

Getting excited about the hatch....I am hoping for a much better one too!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Toni- So sorry to hear about that, wow what a shame. On hatching news, I am jealous of your blue barred's I just love rocks and didn't realize she had these or I would have gotten some too. Glad you met some more chicken people, I just love chicken people.

Scuba-I was hoping there was a way to sex, but I guess not.

I am on day 20 now and so far have 3 hatched, and 5 more pipped out of 17 eggs. Hope they continue to pop like popcorn!!

Back
Top Bottom