Setting eggs on Wednesday June 29

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
I will be filling my incubator on the 29th. It is primed and ready to go. I have 14 Delaware eggs, 12 Barn Mix eggs and I am waiting for 15 Light Brahma eggs that should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyone else want to join

I also have a question. How do you tell breeds apart as they hatch in your incubator when they are close together? Looking at the pictures of Delaware and Light Brahma the babies are pretty close color wise. What can I do to tell them apart as they hatch so I can separate them into different hatching groups?

I Just built an incubator (Quite well if i do say so myself) that i am planning on filling pretty soon so if i get the eggs by then We can be hatching buddies
smile.png

I recently moved and had to sell all 5 of my girls.
sad.png
But I'm hoping to start back up again with a new flock! Good luck to you
smile.png

Quote:
Same to you I hope we both get good hatches. This will be the first time I fully filled my incubator and I am hoping I can get my grow out coop built before I am ready to put them outside. Darn chicken math is way too easy when you can grow your own babies lol.

Yeah the post office will call me in the morning on Wednesday around 7am because they don't like to open with eggs or chicks in the store and I won't set them until late Wednesday night. The last batch I did I was told that shipped eggs needed to rest a minimum of 6 hours after you get them home so their temps will stabilize and then you can put them in. It makes it harder though because I have to think what day I am on each day lol. So much math involved in incubating. My incubator is so going to school with me this year so the kids can see and the great thing is I won't need to find a home for the chicks because they already have one here
big_smile.png

I have some eggs being shipped. Should be getting them Wednesday. Then, will set in incubator on Thursday!!
clap.gif
Turned my bator on today!! Its a new hovabator Genesis. Already temp is right at 100!! Awesome!! Can't wait!! BTW, the eggs I am getting are from 12 different breeds, 24 eggs total!! And I won't know what the breeds are until I get them!! SURPRISE!!
ya.gif

Quote:
Cool we can hatch together I can't wait. I have 26 eggs waiting to go in but I am still waiting for 15 more to come. Can't wait to get them started.

I am hoping that my other set of eggs gets here on time otherwise I will have some that are a day behind the rest in the incubator. We will make it work either way I will just have to hand turn the last eggs for a day at the end before they are ready for lockdown as well.

Back
Top Bottom