Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

Well Karen.... I'm probably much closer to you than to the thread starters... my temps weren't where they should be at the beginning and I'm hoping that my very very technical alterations (ummmm, yeah) were enough to make it so they still hatch sometime.

As for the "no veggies" rule, that's absolutely ridiculous..... I thought Long Beach was bad..... ugh. I don't know what I'd do without my garden and my fluff butts. Just the bestest place in the world.

OK... Now to look at the incubator. Haaaa! (pouring coffee) Jane

So its my sisters birthday today and guess what ??? Yep I woke up to a new silkie and now another is zipping away!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I have 2 more with pips .... so here is my question? I usually wait to take chicks out until all the hatching is done.... I do read about people opening the incubator to snatch some out .... Should I just leave them be?? The 1st hatched 2 days ago.... Thoughts??? Suggestions??

I am incubating for my son's Kinder class today. Just amazing! My 2 week old chicks were there, and before I brought them at the 4 day mark some had never seen a real live chick! Letting them see the moving embryos was as much fun for me as it was for them!

I got home to 5 hatched silkies :D. Looks like 1 splash, 2 black and 2 blue ! Although it is hard to tell in the incubator except for the splash .... Hahahhahahahaha. I still have a bunch more eggs in there but I don't see any pips.... :( it is just day 21 on the silkies , day 22 on my last ameruacana egg.

I took the 5 mutts and 2 ameruacanas out of the bator just now and they are so tiny and cute!! They ameruacanas look like giants next to the bantams.

I have BLRW due that day too! Welcome!

I actually only have 2 BLRW left out of the original 8. I pulled out another quitter when I candled tonight. But I still have lots of the other eggs. So excited for lockdown!

yea i have 14 after my candling last night. so excited, hopefully it will be a good hatch and make up for the one i just had yesterday and today. only one made it
hit.gif

anyways! im excited then to share pics with you and everyone! go BLRW! ha ha ha ha....

P.s. I LOVE your sign off "pippin' ain't easy...but it is necessary." AWESOME! LOL.......
lau.gif

So you decided to take them out and brooder them before all the hatching was complete huh? I was waiting for the knowledgeable folks to answer. Seems like a great question. Awwww can't wait for pictures!

Back
Top Bottom