Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

I just got home to 2 pips! :D Wheaton ameruacanas..... Nothing on the 3 silkies but I'm not hopeful.... This is my second attempt at hatching eggs from this seller and so far I am 0 for 45? Yeah Florida to California does a real job on eggs.....

Now how am I going to sleep??? They seem to be trying to zip already so who knows how long they have been pipped I've been gone for 16 hours.....

Okay so I have 2 chicks this morning! One just hatched and has a bunch of messy gunk maybe some yolk still attached..... I did this incubation at about 30-35% for the first 18 then 60-65% at lockdown. These are shipped eggs from MD to CA .... I hatched a few of these same eggs last week and they were much cleaner..... I thought I did the same humidity.... I did have these in a borrowed brinsea for first 18 and then in my genesis at lockdown..... Last time they were just in the genesis.
No more pips nothing.... Seeing this 2nd hatch doesn't make me hopeful I'll see much more..... :(

Waiting and watching.....

@DirtCreature, I think so far we only have 1 hatched out of 5 so far that is blue, those darn splashes always seem like they are 75% splash 25% blue in a splashXblue mating!!...not 50/50.
barnie.gif
Aww well I still like splash on the hens just not on the roos, bleh.

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone, Still have my 4 silkies so far and noting else..
hit.gif
yet. I noticed late last night I had another pip started but seems no progress has been made yet could it have been a quitter? or just a late arrival? I moved the 4 babies out of the incubator because I think they were knocking others that may be still trying around a lot. How many more days should I wait to see if anything else is going to happen in there before I call it a finish? I am happy that as a first time hatcher I was able to get 4 but I would have liked to have a few more
he.gif

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone, Still have my 4 silkies so far and noting else..
hit.gif
yet. I noticed late last night I had another pip started but seems no progress has been made yet could it have been a quitter? or just a late arrival? I moved the 4 babies out of the incubator because I think they were knocking others that may be still trying around a lot. How many more days should I wait to see if anything else is going to happen in there before I call it a finish? I am happy that as a first time hatcher I was able to get 4 but I would have liked to have a few more
he.gif
Yeah for your 4!!! How many did you set and what day are you on? I'm worried none of my others will hatch and I'm only on day 20.... That one that pipped can take a day to hatch.... So just wait.... And keep us posted... Off to stare at the incubator....

Yeah for your 4!!! How many did you set and what day are you on? I'm worried none of my others will hatch and I'm only on day 20....
That one that pipped can take a day to hatch.... So just wait.... And keep us posted... Off to stare at the incubator....

Well I now have
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
That's right 5
wee.gif
I am so happy I waited a while longer for him to come.... Then my Humidity dropped-down to 40% so I figured it was time to call it quits... The funniest thing about my new babies is they are from black and white Sillkies and I have one baby that is brown
yippiechickie.gif
.. I will post pics tomorrow after I get batteries for the camera... I just love my little marshmallows
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Okay so I have 2 chicks this morning! One just hatched and has a bunch of messy gunk maybe some yolk still attached..... I did this incubation at about 30-35% for the first 18 then 60-65% at lockdown. These are shipped eggs from MD to CA .... I hatched a few of these same eggs last week and they were much cleaner..... I thought I did the same humidity.... I did have these in a borrowed brinsea for first 18 and then in my genesis at lockdown..... Last time they were just in the genesis.
No more pips nothing.... Seeing this 2nd hatch doesn't make me hopeful I'll see much more.....
sad.png

Waiting and watching.....

Sorry it's not going well! I have never tried shipped eggs, but I understand the shipping is very rough on them.

Congrats on the two you have!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Well I now have
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
That's right 5
wee.gif
I am so happy I waited a while longer for him to come.... Then my Humidity dropped-down to 40% so I figured it was time to call it quits... The funniest thing about my new babies is they are from black and white Sillkies and I have one baby that is brown
yippiechickie.gif
.. I will post pics tomorrow after I get batteries for the camera... I just love my little marshmallows
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I am so happy that things turned out so well!!!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom