setting eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hatchcrazzzy, Sep 23, 2007.

1. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i just put 30 rirs eggs in 1 bator and 4 rouen duck eggs in another . there is nothing more exciting than setting eggs . well mybe when they hacth is a little better lol:jumpy

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know the feeling! The hardest part is the first days till you can candle them. The next hardest seems to be after Day 18 when there is nothing to do but wait and twiddle your thumbs till a pip.

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

The whole process is exciting and frustrating at the same time. I love hatching little ones, but I'm beginning to think Elderoo is right when he says get the bator stable, then put it in a closet and forget it until day 18!!!!! I am soooo impatient that I have to force myself to stay away from the bator. Of course, I work really long hours, which helps, but still. . . .

Good luck on your hatch, Chickencrazy!!!!!

Lori

4. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Good Luck, I hatched my neighbor some RIR this summer and they are soooo cute when they hatch!!

jackie

5. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    Good luck!!!

Having just been through it, I definitely think hatching is WAY more exciting, but.. That might just be because it means you get cute fuzz balls to love on! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by