Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

So, I'm stuck and really don't know what to do. I had one chick that couldn't zip, so I ended up having to help him out he was stuck to the shell (humidity was over 60% at almost all times) the first two pipped and hatched beautifully. This little guy has curled feet and I put shoes on him but he can't get his feet under him no matter what I do :( I've been making him drink water, but all he does is sit there and peep. I have him in with my quail that hatched today because the other chicks pick on him. Do I need to cull him or wait a day or two>? I'm so sad about this.
Do you think he is splay legged? You could try the shoes and a hobble for a couple of days. Could he be lonely or too cold?

Last edited:
Just candled, and I have two internal pips!!! A couple are working on it and the rest are taking their sweet time, but all of them are alive!
celebrate.gif
It's day 20 for all but 5 of my eggs, and those 5 are now on day 18
wee.gif
Good luck!!!! :D

Just candled, and I have two internal pips!!! A couple are working on it and the rest are taking their sweet time, but all of them are alive!
celebrate.gif

It's day 20 for all but 5 of my eggs, and those 5 are now on day 18
wee.gif
How do you candle them while they are in lockdown?

I move the incubator into the bathroom, turn on a hot shower and wait a few minutes. My humidity gauge reads 60-80% in there when I candle them :)

Happy birthday! I have 2 out, 3 pipped and 2 that are a little slower (but I did check them last night and everyone had gotten into the airsack and were peeping).
Go Cochins! One of the hatched is my mystery cochin, was marked blk C and was a tiny egg, it might be a bantam cochin. It doesn't look that much smaller than the hatched LF cochin though... I just don't care, they are grey and fuzzy and cute!
Susan

Back
Top Bottom