Setting Feb 16, want to join in>Hatch-Along

I am not taking a picture! But I did go to the store with it there... and a little girl behind me in the checkout told her mom she thought she heard a bird chirping... I couldn't help but laugh a bit! Her mom just smiled at her. OH MY! There is a little hole in the egg now. The incubator is back up to temp, but the humidity is at 100%! I guess it is because I washed it and the styrafoam must have gotten wet... ugh. So still in my shirt. It is moving around a lot. WHOLE new experience for me. I have named the chick - Pip.

Alright, picture time!!
Buckeyes

German NHR (I'm still salty about those feathered shanks
somad.gif
)

Salmon Faverolles and Light Sussex (My Faverolles is an absolute DOLL! He's so cute!!)

Chicks I picked up from the local feed store to grow up with them :)

Black sexlink and California Grey pullets (worried about the BSL. She's quite lethargic)

Red sexlinks

I am not taking a picture! But I did go to the store with it there... and a little girl behind me in the checkout told her mom she thought she heard a bird chirping... I couldn't help but laugh a bit! Her mom just smiled at her. OH MY! There is a little hole in the egg now. The incubator is back up to temp, but the humidity is at 100%! I guess it is because I washed it and the styrafoam must have gotten wet... ugh. So still in my shirt. It is moving around a lot. WHOLE new experience for me. I have named the chick - Pip.
HAHAHA
lau.gif
C'mon not Pip... How about Cup.. Goblet?

Susan

We have 2 barnyard, now 6/12 Buff Orpingtons have hatched, 17 pharoah quail and also a african goose that has pipped!!! I helped one of the barnyard out that didn't make it and I have now vowed I'm not helping them anymore it seemed he was deformed and that's why he didn't make it. So, our new theory is if it's meant to be it will be! We have about 100 more eggs coming out of the turner on Wed this week and 100 ducks coming out next week it's going to be hectic around here!

This is a pic of Pip hatching out in my hand.. I got him (her?) out of my bra while hatching because I was afraid of the slime that sometimes dumps out of the eggs! lol. I had a paper towel under him... Sorry about the quality of picture - it is from my cellphone. I think this chick is a silkie mix - Will take better pictures later.

Back
Top Bottom