1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Setting the incubator AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Urbanfarmerkc, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    I had put my incubator away but now that my Delawares reached age, I didn't have one rooster worth keeping. So, I pulled my incubator out and bought eggs from a lady who raises Delawares here in Missouri. Feeling a little crazy about this obsession.

Anyone want to enable me by supporting my addictive chicken personality? LOL

Dave

2. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

Oh I do don't worry! I just haven't gotten to Delawares yet. How ever I am getting a few Columbian Rocks from my friend, which look a bit like Delawares. xD It's always good to have a chicken addiction. Much better than an alcohol addiction no?

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Good luck! Hope you have a great hatch!

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    [​IMG] Sending you TONS of enabling vibes!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Post pictures when they hatch!

5. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    I started with quail a couple years ago and now hatching chickens,.. I cannot be stopped either [​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

"Stop incubating?" What is this concept? There is a "stop" to hatching eggs? From whom did you hear of this bizarre idea?

7. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    See, you are just perfect for me... I love you guys! LOL

8. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Haha, I fired mine up the beginning of August. I've been hatching out for the upstate NY chickenstock, just set 37 in today, still about 2 doz in there to hatch out over the next week and a half. 18 were Catdance silkie eggs, the rest were my stock. Gonna be hatchin all winter as a friend wants chicks from the new buff laced polish bloodline I have. Then of course my project pens are gonna require hatching once they start laying, and before you know it here comes February and I'll be settin for the spring rush.

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    If only I had lots of willing people willing to take my chicks, I'd be hatching all year long! It's so fun! [​IMG]

10. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    sounds like you have the same problem that most of us here have. chickaholic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by