Setting up auto-water system - need some handyman expertise

ladycat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Between Wichita Falls TX and Waurika OK.
My Coop
My Coop
Here's a pic of a water system that was given to me. It's from a defunct chinchilla farm, and already has the saddles installed. I have chicken nipples to use with it (I already tested and they fit perfectly).

I have everything I need to get this up and running except for a way to attach the water to it. Then I ran across this product: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RUJ2H6

Will that work?

smile.png
Good Evening ladycat,

That threaded fitting in the link you provided is ideal for connecting a hose to PVC piping, you will want to use some plumbers teflon tape on the threads where you screw it into the PVC, or if necessary, plumbers putty.

The best thing about PVC is that it is really inexpensive to work with, individual elbows and couplings are less than a dollar each, however they will need to be fitted with PVC cement and cleaner. Entire ten foot lengths of 1/2 or 3/4 inch pipe only cost a few dollars each also, you should be able to custom design just what you need.

Side Note: You can get that hose fitting from any hardware store that carries PVC pipe and fittings, you wouldn't need to order it through amazon.
thumbsup.gif

Good advice from duckets.

Also, most smaller hardware stores compete with the big box stores by employing knowledgeable folks to work there. Occasionally you will find someone knowledgeable at a big store, but it's a gamble. Bring in your picture or better yet the part you want to connect to water and they will be able to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom