Setting up my new incubator

As you can see there is about a 2 degree difference in the factory thermometer vs my after market one. If this difference stays constant what would be a good reading to achieve on either of them before I lay some eggs in?
The factory thermometer reads 99.3

Attachments

• 37AF234E-84C3-4392-B44D-1F7C82C8BAFD.jpeg
    37AF234E-84C3-4392-B44D-1F7C82C8BAFD.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 4
i'd check several places around the box with the sensor on one of them to and have the unit in place where it will sit in use, check at 'egg level' .. mine has a fan in it and one side tends to be a degree+ warmer than the other .. set it so any extremes fall within the safe zone .. if it varies alot like mine, my strategy now is to move the eggs around once a week so they dont all sit on the warmer end the entire time and 'hopefully' the hatch will be more even ...

i'd check several places around the box with the sensor on one of them to and have the unit in place where it will sit in use, check at 'egg level' .. mine has a fan in it and one side tends to be a degree+ warmer than the other .. set it so any extremes fall within the safe zone .. if it varies alot like mine, my strategy now is to move the eggs around once a week so they dont all sit on the warmer end the entire time and 'hopefully' the hatch will be more even ...
Do you have the same incubator?

Back
Top Bottom