Setting up my new incubator

Willow2253

Crowing
Dec 6, 2019
Eastern Oregon
You’re going to want to calibrate at least one of them so you know it’s accurate. There’s a couple of tests you can use. The ice water test tends to be more accurate than the boiling water test, but I like to compare to a known accurate medical thermometer.

mcdze

Chirping
Sep 9, 2020
i'd check several places around the box with the sensor on one of them to and have the unit in place where it will sit in use, check at 'egg level' .. mine has a fan in it and one side tends to be a degree+ warmer than the other .. set it so any extremes fall within the safe zone .. if it varies alot like mine, my strategy now is to move the eggs around once a week so they dont all sit on the warmer end the entire time and 'hopefully' the hatch will be more even ...

i'd check several places around the box with the sensor on one of them to and have the unit in place where it will sit in use, check at 'egg level' .. mine has a fan in it and one side tends to be a degree+ warmer than the other .. set it so any extremes fall within the safe zone .. if it varies alot like mine, my strategy now is to move the eggs around once a week so they dont all sit on the warmer end the entire time and 'hopefully' the hatch will be more even ...
Do you have the same incubator?

Valley Hatchery

Top Bottom