setup for cornish x

well i got my 25 cornish x from meyer hatchery, and thank goodness they sent 26 cuz one died in transit. but so far off to a good start. i decided to find a huge cardboard box to use as a brooder. there being kept in a shed outside so regulating temperatures has been hard. and being that its droped below freezing at night im using my heatlamps right now instead of the brinsea ecoglo. ive had them for about 3 days now and they seem to be doing really well. ive had to keep it a little warmer underneath the heat lamp then i would like so when the temperature falls at night they still stay warm, but they have room to get away from the light so i havent been worried, although they have seemed to stay under it anyways.

Had great success with 10 birds earlier as a trial run. Raised them in a cardboard refrigerator box until they were ready to go out in the coop. Box cost was zero and accommodated their age progression (partitioned off a third of the box at a time). Butchered half of them at 7 weeks and the others at 10. Looking forward to doing it again soon.

Back
Top Bottom