Seven dead hens within 4 hours, not attacked. UPDATE: Teflon Poisoning!

Pics
My well water is very very high in sodium. I used it on my flocks for 5 years unknowingly giving them high blood pressure and heart disease. Many in my flock died from heart failure. I was devastated because I didn't know. :(
Oh my, @TwoCrows, did you have to start boiling your water to make it safer? City water is a hot mess as it is, ruining dishwashers, washers and fridges with ice dispensers and water, but those with well water have even more challenges.

thats crazy :hugs

Thanks Liz! :hugs

Oh my, @TwoCrows, did you have to start boiling your water to make it safer? City water is a hot mess as it is, ruining dishwashers, washers and fridges with ice dispensers and water, but those with well water have even more challenges.

No actually I am buying RO water from our local water store. :oops: :p We drink the RO too, so now the poultry does as well!

The bathroom was unbelievably hot and that was with a reptile remote pickup thermostat controlling the light. I used the Mama Heating pad for the 2015's and 2017's. Far better for the birds. They were in the house for a couple of days, then out in the barn.

Yet one more reason why heating pad brooding is superior.

Is meat high in sodium even with no salt added?

I believe unprocessed meat would be fine.

My well water is very very high in sodium. I used it on my flocks for 5 years unknowingly giving them high blood pressure and heart disease. Many in my flock died from heart failure. I was devastated because I didn't know. :(
Our well water is high in uranium. we had a filter but have been doing bottled water now until the house is rebuilt and we get a new filtration system.

Attachments

• 6D4B6A55-D41C-4E52-8657-15B948D75257.jpeg
    6D4B6A55-D41C-4E52-8657-15B948D75257.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom