Severe Neglect Case! (Photos)

I wanted to post an update, the babies have made a lot of progress this week! Their feet are looking great, feathers are coming in, and they're gaining weight. A few of the scabs have come off a bit early (not picking at them!) and it does look like there are one or two true bumbles, but I'll just keep with the epsom salt baths for now. I'm sprouting some rye grains to give them something more to graze on, since the weather here seems to be hovering over freezing, but they're loving kale and have finally determined that peas are delicious.

Thanks again for all the words of support, it means a lot <3

Attachments

• Foot-Update.jpg
    Foot-Update.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Foot-Update-4.jpg
    Foot-Update-4.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Foot-Update-3.jpg
    Foot-Update-3.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Foot-Update-2.jpg
    Foot-Update-2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 7
Final Update :) Everyone is grown and filling out beautifully, which is why the time has come for the ganders to find new digs. The original plan was to quickly rehome them as babies, but we all know how that turned out. I posted in my state thread, but figured I would try here too <3

All three are exceptionally friendly and very chatty. I would keep at least one (and still might) but I currently have a gander who is super docile considering the time of year and I don't want to upset the balance next spring. They're going on 4MO now, so none of that attitude just yet. Two have more grey on them and one is solid white. They've been raised around ducks & chickens. They all don't have to go together and can be separated as long as there are other geese at their new home to keep them company.

I'm in Central NC, but willing to travel quite a ways to make sure they end up at good homes and not on the dinner table.

Attachments

• IMG-4413.JPG
    IMG-4413.JPG
    928.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-4421.JPG
    IMG-4421.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • unnamed.jpeg
    unnamed.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom