Severe scoliosis of cervical spine - 8 day old chick

My 8 day old Barnevildoer chick keeps her head turned to the right with large lump on the left. Can push the lump into normal position which I do several times a day. She doesn’t seem to be in pain. Eating, drinking, pooping normally.

Took her to vet today for checkup. Was told she has severe scoliosis of cervical spine. R/O congenital abnormality with developmental connective tissue/muscular disorder.

I wanted to splint it but was advised against it. Doctor recommended a wait and see.

Has anyone had this type of thing before? Is there anything I can do for her? Is it possible for her to lead a relatively normal life?

How did this baby fair? Did she survive? I have one this year, and I think I’ve finally found my answer as to what’s happening with her. She’s 4 weeks old as of this past wednesday

How did this baby fair? Did she survive? I have one this year, and I think I’ve finally found my answer as to what’s happening with her. She’s 4 weeks old as of this past wednesday
Can you post any pictures or start a new thread? If the chick has wry neck or torticolis, most people treat that with vitamin E 400 IU, a little egg for selenium, and vitamin b complex 1/4 tablet daily can be crushed and fed in a spoonful of water.

Back
Top Bottom