SEVERELY CRACKED SHELL BUT MEMBRANE INTACT! HELP ASAP!

That will work. It will be easier to see once you apply the oil, i can't say until then.
Okay found clean brand new vegetable oil and applied it all over the exposed membrane!! Here’s a few pictures after I put the oil on! Definitely looks to have a lot of fluid inside. Not sure if that’s normal at this stage or not as I’m very very new to incubation and hatching and so far have only hatched 3 chicks total within the last week and the 3rd one was hatched yesterday and I had to do an assisted hatch for the little guy thanks to the amazing help, advice and instructions of everyone on this forum too from a thread I posted yesterday. It seems after the first two very healthy and successful hatches I’ve just been having the worst luck. 😭

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3326.jpeg
    IMG_3326.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3324.jpeg
    IMG_3324.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    410 KB · Views: 7
Okay found clean brand new vegetable oil and applied it all over the exposed membrane!! Here’s a few pictures after I put the oil on! Definitely looks to have a lot of fluid inside. Not sure if that’s normal at this stage or not as I’m very very new to incubation and hatching and so far have only hatched 3 chicks total within the last week and the 3rd one was hatched yesterday and I had to do an assisted hatch for the little guy thanks to the amazing help, advice and instructions of everyone on this forum too from a thread I posted yesterday. It seems after the first two very healthy and successful hatches I’ve just been having the worst luck. 😭
Ok, it doesn't look concerning. Leave it in the incubator for now.
What type of incubator are you using and is it calibrated?

Ok, it doesn't look concerning. Leave it in the incubator for now.
What type of incubator are you using and is it calibrated?
It’s the Nurture Right 360 and it’s calibrated to factory settings 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit and I’ve got it at 70 humidity per hatching instructions.

Here’s how it looks in the incubator currently. No oil has been applied since the first time yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 10
Here’s how it looks in the incubator currently. No oil has been applied since the first time yesterday.
It looks like the veining is clearing up. In person does it look like the veins are almost gone in comparison to what they were day 1?

It might be ready to hatch if they are.

Have you noticed any difference in what you can see through the membrane? Can you see any movement at all? You might not, they don't move a lot at the end.

It looks like the veining is clearing up. In person does it look like the veins are almost gone in comparison to what they were day 1?

Have you noticed any difference in what you can see through the membrane? Can you see any movement at all? You might not, they don't move a lot at the end.
Yes here’s how the veins looks yesterday when it was dropped and I applied the oil for the first and only time. I say yesterday because it’s technically 1:30am for me right now and the egg was dropped around lunchtime/12pm yesterday. So over 12hrs ago. Definitely do not see all the red veining anymore but instead they look…white..?? First pic is when it was dropped and I had just applied the oil. Second picture is how it looks right now. Should I put more oil on it?

Attachments

• IMG_3326.jpeg
    IMG_3326.jpeg
    444.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 8

Also, I have not seen any movement at all since it was dropped and cracked and i still don’t see any movement. 😢

I’ve been worried that maybe there could be internal bleeding like inside the membrane because of how dark some areas looked inside of it after I first put the oil on it so I wonder if that’s why the veins appear to be clearing out? 😭 idk if that’s even possible but I’m just all around sad that this happened and have basically been preparing myself for the worst outcome.

There’s a second egg that didn’t crack in the fall that is due to hatch at the same time as this one is. So far I do not see any pipping on it either.

Back
Top Bottom