Severely Injured Hen!! Please Help!!

I had a favorite bantam hen attacked by a neighbors dog. It ripped her tail nub and a lot of surrounding skin nearly off. I flushed it with saline, packed it with antibiotics, and wrapped it to hold it together. That sweet teeny hen looked like a mummy. I kept her warm in a kennel inside in my utility room for a few weeks. I changed bandages 3 times a day (every time ensuring that the skin was kept in place), flushed it when needed, and packed it with antibiotics every single time. She amazingly made a full recovery and lived to be 10 years old. Sending good wishes for her full recovery. ❤️
WoW The dedication behind that deserves an applause 😍

WoW The dedication behind that deserves an applause 😍
I really appreciate that 😊. Persimmon was special to me. Thank you so much ❤️. It’s not a clear photo, but here she is.
IMG_7361.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 3678964View attachment 3678959Last night I forgot about the time change so it was already dark when I went out, two of my hens were still outside and they followed me to the coop when I called. After I counted them and the rest inside I noticed one was still missing. I found her under our patio where I had found the other two although they were unharmed. I believe it to be a raccoon that attacked her as we’ve had a problem with them but usually they come some time after dark and this wasn’t long after.

She has three separate wounds, a smaller one on the neck, the large one on its back and another small one down further on her back. She has been isolated from the other hens and survived the night. She has been eagerly drinking, poop is normal and to my knowledge has been eating. She is walking and got up normally with a slight wobble. The wound isn’t as deep as it looks in last night’s photos
Unfortunately I believe it affected her lungs as last night she was moving but her breathing worsened and overnight she sadly passed

Back
Top Bottom