Sevin Dust and Spray: Is it safe?

Are their different forms of Sevin dust?
Does the age matter? This was in the garage from the previous owners (my in-laws) and may have been quite old.
I'm pretty sure it DID poison him, but I'm willing to acknowledge that there may have been other factors (contamination with other chemicals? age of chemicals? health condition of bird previous to treating?, etc)
The only Sevin powder I have seen contains 5% carbaryl.
How sick was he when you found him?

The only Sevin powder I have seen contains 5% carbaryl.
How sick was he when you found him?

Rooster's Condition:
Still walking around. A little fluffed up. Comb and wattles still were red, but not as bright as normal. Some Nasal discharge.

Possible Contamination:
It was in a cabinet in the garage where various chemicals are stored... insecticides, pesticides, oil, antifreeze, etc. But the container looked like it was in good condition. It was a plastic bottle with a tight lid on it. When the lid is removed, it's got holes like a big salt shaker. It Smelled/Looked like what I remember from when I used sevin as a kid.

Dosage:
I was certainly on the heavy side of use :-( I put some around his vent and under each wing. I did not apply any to the head, although I considered it (he was a polish rooster, but I did not see any bugs in his crest)

Where:
We were outside in full, fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom