Sex-Link chicks?

Myhensloveme

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
I bred my Midnight majesty Maran ( Barred Rock, Frenck black copper maran cross) to my rooster. I think my Buff Orpington is the Dad. Would these Breeds make a sex-link? This is my first time hatching eggs. We used our broody silkie, and she is a great mom. I attached a picture of one of the chicks. Could anyone tell the gender?

Attachments

• F3BB8912-2254-439B-9C7E-BF23DB1A36B4.jpeg
    F3BB8912-2254-439B-9C7E-BF23DB1A36B4.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 21
I bred my Midnight majesty Maran ( Barred Rock, Frenck black copper maran cross) to my rooster. I think my Buff Orpington is the Dad. Would these Breeds make a sex-link? This is my first time hatching eggs. We used our broody silkie, and she is a great mom. I attached a picture of one of the chicks. Could anyone tell the gender?
So the mother is a Midnight Majesty Maran.
I think those are mostly black, with a little bit of red/gold, and no white barring.
If that is what the mother looks like, I do not think she can produce any kind of sexlink chicks, with any possible kind of rooster.

You mentioned the mom is a BR and FCM cross, is she barred?

Back
Top Bottom