Sex linked chicks...?

Apocha14

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 10, 2015
Massachusetts
I had 2 chicks hatch from a delaware hen X welsummer roo. They are a day old today. They look like welsummer chicks...and i heard they are a sex linked breed like a pure welsummer. What do these look like to you?

They do look sexlinked (Is the darker one of the same cross?) I know when you have sex linked breeds with Delaware in them they tend to show it in color, welsummers show it sometime by the eye (there's a little band that is very prominent in females and not so prominent in males) My hunch is the two light ones are a gender and the darker one is the opposite, can you show a picture of their faces for us?

The darker one is an olive egger. The two others are the delawareXwelsummer. Im including a top of the head and face picture of each chick :)

Yea i think so too! now its just a matter of male or female ahhah darn it! males in a delaware cross i believe hatch white, and welsummers have less present eyeliner...so I'm not sure which they are..

It's a welsummer roo with a Delaware hen I don't know if that makes a difference to be honest I didn't understand the chart

Back
Top Bottom