Sex of these four week old Silver Laced Polish?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by neguyinky, Sep 18, 2014.

1. neguyinky

neguyinky Just Hatched

May 14, 2014
    Hi all... I was given these babies and they were supposedly hatched on 8/17, though one of them has always looked a bit behind developmentally. I read things about beak horns and leg size, and not to rely on the crests for a good long time, but I can't make sense of any of these! Anyone out there that can help?

The pics aren't great, but here they are in groups of head and body shot per bird...

Chick 1 (Oreo)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 2 (Sheena the punk rocker! Oi!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 3 (Ke$hA... Don't ask. SMH)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 4 (That other one)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Wow they have some crazy head gear!!! I think you may have to give them more time polish are very hard to sex I don't even try to start guessing until mine are 8 weeks and then they tend to prove me wrong :he. Either way lovely birds and good luck in searching for your answer :idunno

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm not seeing any obvious rooster signs in any of them. However, if any were to be cockerels, I would guess #1 would be, based off the crest.

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It is too young to tell their gender accurately, but none are showing obvious rooster signs yet. I would post new photos when they are 8 weeks old; by then, the gender should be more obvious.

1 person likes this.
  5. neguyinky

neguyinky Just Hatched

May 14, 2014
    /nod.... thank you all! I will send more pics at 8 weeks. I was looking for any waddles starting, but didn't see any yet.

6. flynntheduck

flynntheduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    I cannot wait until my SLP goes through this phase. I love it! They are so cute! Here's my 8 day old baby, Spork. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by