Sexing 4 wk old Americauna / Barred Rock/ Bluffs

JorasoliFarm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 7, 2013
North Georgia
Hi, First off, I love this forum and receive so many answers by just reading along. Currently I am trying to determine which of my chicks could be Roo's. Our Rooster is Americauna & he bred with 2 of our hens, a Barred Rock & a Bluff Orpington. We have 9 chicks. 7 are from the BR 2 are from the Bluff. We tried the feather sexing from days 1-7 yet honestly could not tell the difference at all. This is our first attempt with hatching so we are still learning. I am just reading about the color of their feet yet still cant tell from that.

Here is a pic of "Number One" from the BR.

Next I have the grey twins from the BR as well,
We have 2 other greys from the BR that are more unique, "Socrates" & "Simon"

Below are the 2 from the Bluff Orpington "Peep" & "Junior"

I also have 2 that are very Black, no apparent features yet but they refused to stay still for pics, will get them next! My thinking is that the BR "Number One, the BR "Simon" & the Bluff "Junior" are Cockarels yet I am only assuming due to the pinkish comb, also I think I see small spurs on "Junior"

Any input is appreciated, I can get more pics if they are needed. They are currently 4 weeks today, still inside in the brooder, but no more heat lamp. Hoping to start sending them out a bit in the next few days & permanently in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

Kate

Back
Top Bottom