Sexing a chick

Duck_life

Duck Addict
May 14, 2019
Woods of PA
Hi. got an asian black chick from TSC about 3 weeks ago.. I think they are a month now they are now in a coop, I put them in a coop because they jump out of their brooder or fly.. and have slept in the middle of the night without their light, their brooder was in the garage which is typically colder than actual outside I even tried covering their brooder with a blanket but they found a way to pull it down!! Anyways is their a way to tell a sex of an asain black chick this early.. i'll get pics later but I got all my chicks (except my silkie which i'm hoping will be a roo) as pullets and I hope they are because I only bought 3 pullets, SLW, AB, and a BO. is their any way to tell these breeds early? My asian black is already getting the red/orange feathering on the neck and getting that greenish color. Thanks.

I empathize with you, I have some two week old Dominique or black sex link(don't know which yet) babies and at two weeks they jumped up on the rim of the poly brooder water trough I had them in. It took my last hatch 3-4 weeks to do that. These kids grow up fast sometimes, sometimes you just have to wait. Good luck with sexing your babies

I empathize with you, I have some two week old Dominique or black sex link(don't know which yet) babies and at two weeks they jumped up on the rim of the poly brooder water trough I had them in. It took my last hatch 3-4 weeks to do that. These kids grow up fast sometimes, sometimes you just have to wait. Good luck with sexing your babies
Thanks, I never had this problem with my ducks but I guess chickens grow faster?

Hi. got an asian black chick from TSC about 3 weeks ago.. I think they are a month now they are now in a coop, I put them in a coop because they jump out of their brooder or fly.. and have slept in the middle of the night without their light, their brooder was in the garage which is typically colder than actual outside I even tried covering their brooder with a blanket but they found a way to pull it down!! Anyways is their a way to tell a sex of an asain black chick this early.. i'll get pics later but I got all my chicks (except my silkie which i'm hoping will be a roo) as pullets and I hope they are because I only bought 3 pullets, SLW, AB, and a BO. is their any way to tell these breeds early? My asian black is already getting the red/orange feathering on the neck and getting that greenish color. Thanks.
Like many other hybrids the Asian Black will not be easily sexable other than the typical sex specific traits like comb growth and color, off colored or pointy saddles after 3-4 months, larger legs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom