Sexing Barred Rock “chicks”

Coopsmom

Chirping
Apr 17, 2019
Ontario, Canada
1B515C3F-9C9F-476F-B7F6-C0D346EC6284.jpeg
Ok so these guys aren’t exactly chicks anymore, but they are only a couple months old believe it or not! I can’t believe how fast they grew!

I have 3 Barred Rock “kids” and to me they all look alike. I’m worried I have 3 roos...

Got a quick pic of 2 of the 3 just now - thoughts? I’ll try and get them all separately when they are outside later today.

Just watched this video yesterday and thought it was educational. It appears the two pictured may very well be Cockerels.

easy to sex them as chicks, the males have a white dot on their head females don't. Looks like a Pullet and cockerel in that picture, notice how the front one looks like it's got more white also legs appear thicker

easy to sex them as chicks, the males have a white dot on their head females don't. Looks like a Pullet and cockerel in that picture, notice how the front one looks like it's got more white also legs appear thicker

That only applies to sex link birds which Barred Rocks aren’t. Both sexes have dots on the head. There are some that say you can tell by the shape of the dot but that’s not 100%. But they both have dots.

I do agree though that it looks like one puppet and one cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom