Sexing Buff Toulouse & Pomeranian

GoldenEggFarmstead

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2020
I am trying to figure out what the sex of my two geese are. One is a Buff Toulouse and the other is a Pomeranian. As you can imagine, it’s hard to compare them given they are different breeds.. They were both hatched Feb 5 2020, so they are about 7-1/2 months. Can anyone tell by the photo? It’s our first year with geese on the farmstead. See pic below.
Thanks!
12847996-39FF-4AF5-AACE-899B00492CF8.jpeg

Sorry for the delayed response.
I am unable to view the tail feathers on your geese.
Typically the male tail feathers are rounded and the females are pointed on most breeds.
The Toulouce female has a higher pitch Kaw-Kaw sound.
A goose will also walk with her head held high because she wants to see whats going on (Nosey) and the male/Gander tends to use his neck more snake like.
Its been 20 years since I had geese so, I'm pretty rusty.
I wish I could be more help.

Sorry for the delayed response.
I am unable to view the tail feathers on your geese.
Typically the male tail feathers are rounded and the females are pointed on most breeds.
The Toulouce female has a higher pitch Kaw-Kaw sound.
A goose will also walk with her head held high because she wants to see whats going on (Nosey) and the male/Gander tends to use his neck more snake like.
Its been 20 years since I had geese so, I'm pretty rusty.
I wish I could be more help.
Ohhh I see! I didn’t realize the tail feathers where indicators. I took some pictures.. can you tell by looking? I appreciate your input!
291EFB59-395E-4D4B-B6EB-1DAA4E81F019.jpeg

I'm guessing two females. A video of them talking/ and walking would be helpful.
Very interesting! I’m not able to post the videos for some reason.. but I will keep trying. I think they may both be females.. however, the Pomeranian does tend to act protective of the other birds and will lay her neck flat and chatter if there is bird in distress..

Very interesting! I’m not able to post the videos for some reason.. but I will keep trying. I think they may both be females.. however, the Pomeranian does tend to act protective of the other birds and will lay her neck flat and chatter if there is bird in distress..

To post a video you'll need to upload the video to a video platform like Yotube or Vimeo first, then copy/paste the link here.

To post a video you'll need to upload the video to a video platform like Yotube or Vimeo first, then copy/paste the link here.
Oh I gotcha! Ok I have made a couple short videos catching some talking and walking on camera. Here they are!

Please let me know what ya’ll think! Thanks a million!

Back
Top Bottom