Sexing Help: Doms & Buckeye Juvies

clucknbell

Chirping
5 Years
May 11, 2014
Ohio
First time dabbling in Dominiques and Buckeyes. Any sexing ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Light Blue Banded Dom

Dark Blue Banded Dom

White Banded Dom

Buckeye

How old are the birds?

If the Dominiques are pure bred, they're all hens. The same rules apply as sexing barred Rocks, so the males are much lighter in color. I am a bit concerned about the size and redness of the combs in relation to how large the birds appear, though. That's where knowing age will help.

Same on the Buckeye, she looks like a pullet so far, but if it's under say 3 months I'm not as positive. A better comb pic would help, also.

How old are the birds?

If the Dominiques are pure bred, they're all hens. The same rules apply as sexing barred Rocks, so the males are much lighter in color. I am a bit concerned about the size and redness of the combs in relation to how large the birds appear, though. That's where knowing age will help.

Same on the Buckeye, she looks like a pullet so far, but if it's under say 3 months I'm not as positive. A better comb pic would help, also.

X2 on that.

How old are the birds?

x3

How old are the birds?

X4 on this.

Updated photo....they are now 13 wks old

Back
Top Bottom