Sexing mallards

They're both mallards and I got them at less than a week old at the local co-op. I raised them in my room (to the chagrin of my husband lol) until a few weeks ago. They've got a little house outside now inside a run under our weeping birch tree.
They're all getting along really nicely in general right now. They get pretty upset if they're separated.
That's Marshmallow (the Pekin), Puddles, and Whiffles. Puddles was the one talking in the video. He's definitely the leader and bravest one. Whiffles is more cautious but very smart--always figures things out before the other two. And Marshmallow is sweet and just tries to keep up with them.
Aww those are adorable names! I’d say that they should do well, usually if there’s more males it’s the females that “suffer”, but since she’s a lot bigger and they grew up together, it shouldn’t be too bad. They’re adorable though!

Thank you! I'm hoping it'll all go ok for them. They follow me around the yard when I'm outside (though they're not to fond of being held lol). They're basically pets, but at least one should be providing eggs :drool

Back
Top Bottom