Sexing my 6 week old EEs

Totally understandable! I’ve done that before lo
I have a question; do you think these girls are ready to sleep outside? We've been putting them outside during the day (temps ranging from high 30's to mid 50's from morning to afternoon) and we're wanting to put them outside starting tonight (we have company coming and they've been sleeping in a pack'n'play in my guest bedroom). Our house stays around 60-65 at night and they've been with no brooder plate for about 2 weeks. My husband was planning on putting the brooder plate outside tonight in their coop. Our coop is the Omlet with the extreme weather jacket.

I have a question; do you think these girls are ready to sleep outside? We've been putting them outside during the day (temps ranging from high 30's to mid 50's from morning to afternoon) and we're wanting to put them outside starting tonight (we have company coming and they've been sleeping in a pack'n'play in my guest bedroom). Our house stays around 60-65 at night and they've been with no brooder plate for about 2 weeks. My husband was planning on putting the brooder plate outside tonight in their coop. Our coop is the Omlet with the extreme weather jacket.
They look fully feathered to me so I think they should be fine! 🥰

Thanks so much! You think they'll be fine with the temps getting down into the mid to low 30's at night? I don't know if I was very clear. I just don't want anyone to get hurt!
I think they will be 🥰 you could put their heat plate out there though if you’re nervous but I doubt they’ll use it. I would still just in case though but I think they’ll be perfectly fine ❤️

I would put mine out into the coop at that stage and put a heat lamp in that they would promptly ignore and never sit under. They don't seem to notice the cold once their feathers have fully come in it seems

I love the xylophone btw. Do they actually use it?

I would put mine out into the coop at that stage and put a heat lamp in that they would promptly ignore and never sit under. They don't seem to notice the cold once their feathers have fully come in it seems

I love the xylophone btw. Do they actually use it?
I don't have a heat lamp, but my husband already set up the brooder plate out there so we'll probably leave it for them for a couple weeks. Do you think that's fine?

And they do use it! They'll peck it and then run off TERRIFIED :lau

If they are strong and healthy they should be fine out there, just check on them in the AM. Mine would maybe sneeze once or twice, but you just want to make sure that their energy levels stay the same. Every now and again one is already sick and the cold will exacerbate the issue, but they were sick either way and it was going to show up eventually. Healthy hens should be fine.

If they are strong and healthy they should be fine out there, just check on them in the AM. Mine would maybe sneeze once or twice, but you just want to make sure that their energy levels stay the same. Every now and again one is already sick and the cold will exacerbate the issue, but they were sick either way and it was going to show up eventually. Healthy hens should be fine.
Thanks! They all seem healthy so hopefully they'll be fine...I made my husband put a camera and thermometor out there so I can check in on them in the night because I am ✨psychotic✨
Screenshot_20230322-123513.png

Back
Top Bottom