Sexing pheasants?

Howdy Amber,

Hard to tell at this age....at 3 to 4 months, you should be able to see the wattles appearing on the face of males.
I don't know which bird is which in the pics but this one looks like it may be male...can kinda see the wattle starting around it's eye.
View attachment 2190417
Good luck with your birds.
Something is wrong with my poor pheasant he has been what looks like gasping or gaping? His voice is gone? I haven't seen him eat i was giving him water by syringe, but he is now drinking on his own he is cleaning himself and standing he will fly short distance if i have him out but he can barley make any noise and doesn't stop opening a closing his mouth please help

Attachments

• 20200614_190921.jpg
    20200614_190921.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200614_190927.jpg
    20200614_190927.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 3
Something is wrong with my poor pheasant he has been what looks like gasping or gaping? His voice is gone? I haven't seen him eat i was giving him water by syringe, but he is now drinking on his own he is cleaning himself and standing he will fly short distance if i have him out but he can barley make any noise and doesn't stop opening a closing his mouth please help
Could be Aspergillosis? The bedding's dust could contain the spores of the fungus Asperigillus ssp.
There is no treatment, only a strict sanitation protocol can help prevent the disease from manifesting in brooders.

Could be Aspergillosis? The bedding's dust could contain the spores of the fungus Asperigillus ssp.
There is no treatment, only a strict sanitation protocol can help prevent the disease from manifesting in brooders.
Some one else told me gapeworm do im treating for that but hes now in dirt and a puppy pad

Then I'm not sure qhat to do he is eating and drinking, he was outside for a little with my older birds but the. My other baby got picked on so i brought them back in. Could that have been when he.gottw. something ?

Back
Top Bottom