Sexing polish

writergirl

Songster
5 Years
Oct 2, 2016
I've got 3 polish babies. Well one is about three months old so maybe she doesn't count. Two are 8 weeks old. I am suspecting they are all three pullets. They have the same parents. Dad is white crested black, and Mom is buff lace. #1 is Fancy, #2 is Chickpea, and #3 is Scrappy.
20181011_172740.jpg
20181011_173603.jpg
20181011_170152.jpg

I'll see if I can get better pictures tomorrow. Scrappy and Chickpea have messy hair thanks to shoving their faces in watermelon and cucumbers. I read somewhere that roo's often will start to get the red wattles and comb by 4 weeks and none have done that, so I am hoping they are all girls (not allowed a roo). I tried the crest sexing when they hatched, but Scrappy got beat up in the egg and barely survived and part of what was pecked by the hatch mates was the crest so most of the fluff was plucked. Chickpea had been plucked a bit too so they are little mysteries.

As a side note - any one ever have a black sexlink hen make a chick with a lavender ameraucana? I've got one (Pepper) and it's huge and already getting a red comb and wattle, but I know nothing of black sexlinks and don't know if that is normal for a pullet or a roo. I can provide pictures if requested.

I'll see if I can get better pictures tomorrow. Scrappy and Chickpea have messy hair thanks to shoving their faces in watermelon and cucumbers. I read somewhere that roo's often will start to get the red wattles and comb by 4 weeks and none have done that, so I am hoping they are all girls (not allowed a roo). I tried the crest sexing when they hatched, but Scrappy got beat up in the egg and barely survived and part of what was pecked by the hatch mates was the crest so most of the fluff was plucked. Chickpea had been plucked a bit too so they are little mysteries.

As a side note - any one ever have a black sexlink hen make a chick with a lavender ameraucana? I've got one (Pepper) and it's huge and already getting a red comb and wattle, but I know nothing of black sexlinks and don't know if that is normal for a pullet or a roo. I can provide pictures if requested.

post all of them then that will be fine if it helps

Here are the pictures I took today.

ChickPea:
IMAG0164.jpg IMAG0157.jpg chickpea.jpg

Scrappy:
scrappy1.jpg scrappy2.jpg scrappy3.jpg scrappy4.jpg

I will probably start a different non-Polish post for my other mixes to see if we can figure out if they are boy or girl. :) Thanks so much I love all the input.

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom