sexing these barred rock chicks

Chick one

The second one is definitely a pullet but the first one is making me nervous with all that pink on the face. It might just be a little cockerel.

That's what's scaring me. My mamaw is rooster crazy and I don't need anymore roosters! I've already got three roosters and those I'm keeping for good use. I love roosters too but I have 3 roosters and one hen. I did have 5 hens but 4 came up missing...:/ but the good thing is I bought 5 pullets at tsc (along with 2 ducks and 2 roos, haha. ) actually have 3 barred rocks and I was going to post another pic but they all look the same :/

I had 4 roosters and 6 hens. One rooster is Ameracauna and the other three were bantams. I had a silver duckwing Phoenix, a Mille fleur d'uccle and a golden seabright. The 2 bantam roosters killed my Phoenix, as much as I love roosters and loved both of them I ended up rehoming them. My flock is a lot happier and quieter now!

i argee the second chook is a pullet.
tbe roosters will grow quickier and have more of a comb on them i have the same rear the same breed. in the roosters you will see that the beak is very yellow in colour their legs would be the colour as well..
if u ever buy day old chicks the easy way of telling sex is the chicks with loys of white on them are roosters and the pullets have a dot on the top if the head. i have had plymonths for a few yrs now and this trick has never failed me..
hope this helps in the future
if u need to know more please feel free to post

Back
Top Bottom