Sexing

I would love to. Thanks !!!!
love.gif
I will try and get them on tonight.

You could always post some pictures and let us have a try at sexing them.
I haven't had time to get pictures on here of my chicks. But I have two Barred Rocks that their combs are bigger than every other chick and a their combs are a little pink. They will be 4 weeks old on Monday. Do you think that's a sign already they are Roosters?

I haven't had time to get pictures on here of my chicks. But I have two Barred Rocks that their combs are bigger than every other chick and a their combs are a little pink. They will be 4 weeks old on Monday. Do you think that's a sign already they are Roosters?

It very well could be. But the best way to tell, if they haven't started crowing yet, is it compare them to other BR's of the same age. If you only have 2 of them and they both look the same, it could be that that is how the pullets look at that age, but if you have more that 2 and the rest aren't getting the big combs yet, those 2 are probably roos.

It very well could be. But the best way to tell, if they haven't started crowing yet, is it compare them to other BR's of the same age. If you only have 2 of them and they both look the same, it could be that that is how the pullets look at that age, but if you have more that 2 and the rest aren't getting the big combs yet, those 2 are probably roos.
I have 6 BRs and the rest of them don't. I am really bummed, these two are the most friendly so far. One more so than the other one.
sad.png
What does everyone do with their unwanted Roosters? Not that I don't want to keep them, I just don't think the neighbors would want to hear them.

Well, ours go to freezer camp, but if that isn't an option for you and can't keep them, you could put them up for sale on craigslist or take them to a swap meet in your area. It couldn't hurt to ask your neighbors if they would mind you having a rooster or two. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom