Sexlink Thread- Pictures and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
The first one is a young Rooster and isn't a Sex-link. If he was a Sex-link he would be Barred (Black Sex-link) or White (Red Sex-link)
The second one looks to be a Mille Fleur pattern on a Belgian Bearded d'Uccle cross.
Third is just a cross.

Chris

Thank you!
big_smile.png

Hi all! Can anybody tell me if a BCM rooster over Delawares or SLW would produce sexlink babies? If the BCM rooster won't what rooster will? Thanks

What are your averages ages sex-links starting to lay? My black sex link is probably my favorite out there but she is 6 months and 0 eggs. I also have a golden comet female 4 months. She just started getting red in the comb so I'm thinking she will start soon. Just wondering.

Quote:
I have to disagree with a previous post. BCM should be birchen at the E locus and this allele will not work in sex linked crosses. You can not produce a red sex linked cross using birchen unless the mother carries dominant white and the silver gene. If the mother was a delaware carrying dominant white (homozygous) the cross would work.

Read the following article. I wrote the article so that chicken fanciers could educate themselves. The delaware is a good choice for the female side of the red sex linked cross.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261208

Tim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom