Shalom from East Texas!

RivkaHall

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2019
East Texas
Shalom! Hello Backyard community. I have raised chickens off and on throughout my life in backyards and on vast open prairies and everything in between. Right now, we have a backyard coop and run with only 8 Rhodies, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Partridge Cochin, and 2 cross breeds. We had a much larger flock until the bobcats and coyotes came through one night and completely decimated us :hit. I don't think I've ever lost so many so quickly! Anyways, lessons learned the hard way and we're planning on rebuilding the flock when spring comes around.

I've been reading threads here for about a year now and finally decided to join. This community seems very supportive and informative as well. I was prompted recently to venture here bc one of my RIR hens just died unexpectedly. The information I found was extremely helpful and set my mind at ease for the rest of my little flock.

I look forward to being able to add what I've learned to the boards and meeting others who may even live out here in East Texas that have a niche for small scale livestock.

Back
Top Bottom