Shamo? Anyone.

those are nice.....i got me 15 chicks (3males and 12 pullets) of each oriental breed from ideal poultry also.....they are going on 3 months and are beautiful.....got black shamos, black aseel, malay, saipan, thailand, and madagascar

those are nice.....i got me 15 chicks (3males and 12 pullets) of each oriental breed from ideal poultry also.....they are going on 3 months and are beautiful.....got black shamos, black aseel, malay, saipan, thailand, and madagascar

Can you post pictures now of the birds you got from Ideal. I am curious as how they look.
Thanks Mark

Still looking for some Ko Shamo I found some a few hours away. Hopefully it all goes well so I can pick them up.

My Chu ended up being a cockerel. He is growing fast and thankfully not showing signs of agression yet. I am now searching for him a mate or two.

hi there.....after a dog attack a couple of months ago and a heavy flu that invaded my flock, i ended up with 1 black shamo and 4 pullets of my oriental breeds........lost around 24 heavies of my barnyard flock also due to the attack and the flu, so i ended up with 40 mixed barnyard heavies, 4 roosters (lost "Dexter" the rooster of my profile), 6 pullets and one rooster of Silver Phoenix, and 4 old english bantams (1 male 3 females).......all of this happens when you step out of taking care of you flocks. i had gone down to mexico to help my mother in law since my father in law had heart surgery, left my 16 yr old son to take care of my flocks and he didn't close the doors of the coops one night and the attack happened........a couple of weeks later the flu came......i just came back last week and found out all this happened.......i wasnt told while being down in mexico and was told when i got back........
he.gif

Sorry 'bout your luck. Happens to all of us. Hope you weren't too tough on the kid. As trajic as this seems, it may be for the best. In my humble opinion, hatchery orientals that I have seen aren't worth the price of shipping. It would be to your advantage to pick which breed you liked the best and find a breeder that will sell you a pair to begin a breeding program with. The idea is to get some good ones and make them better. I personally feel that, without a great deal of experience, more than one or two oriental breeds can just get overwhelming. Much better to make good ones better by giving them the attention they deserve. You will have something to have pride in. Just my 2 cents. Good luck........Pop

thanks.......i'm planning of selling the shamos and the silver phoenix.......im gonna dedicate my time in the breeding of heavies and the old english bantams......i just bought 48 eggs of Production Reds and set them today with another 44 of my mixed flock......hopefully everything goes well.......
fl.gif

hi there.....after a dog attack a couple of months ago and a heavy flu that invaded my flock, i ended up with 1 black shamo and 4 pullets of my oriental breeds........lost around 24 heavies of my barnyard flock also due to the attack and the flu, so i ended up with 40 mixed barnyard heavies, 4 roosters (lost "Dexter" the rooster of my profile), 6 pullets and one rooster of Silver Phoenix, and 4 old english bantams (1 male 3 females).......all of this happens when you step out of taking care of you flocks. i had gone down to mexico to help my mother in law since my father in law had heart surgery, left my 16 yr old son to take care of my flocks and he didn't close the doors of the coops one night and the attack happened........a couple of weeks later the flu came......i just came back last week and found out all this happened.......i wasnt told while being down in mexico and was told when i got back........
he.gif

Sorry to hear about your birds. I had the same thing happen to me in June. I was up at the Mayo Clinic in MN for two weeks with tests. While I was gone something got 15 of my birds. What ever it was ( prob coons) reached through the wire and grabbed the birds pulled them through the wire and bit their heads off. I had to fix all my pens so this did not happen again. I had 12 Silver Kraienkoppes before this happened. I only have 2 pairs left now. They didn't just hit one pen. They hit 4 of my pens. They killed some of my Modern Game bantams and some of my Dark Cornish to. They got both of my Dark Cornish cockerels. I only have pullets left now.
Mark

sorry to hear that.....it's hard to go thru something like this, i started my flock back in february after 5 hatches till may, i sold several and chose the ones i liked to build my flock which in total counting my orientals had around 160 birds........nobody here at home are attracted to "ranch living" (feeding the poultry, goats, turkeys, etc.) so i was the only one that took care of all this issues, i left to help my inlaws for almost 3 months down in mexico and left my 16 yr old son to take care of bussines, he forgot one night to close the pens ( i always have them open range) at night and this happened....then a killer flu got to my birds also.......all this time taking care of them and this happens..........it's frustrating .....but here i am back in the "game".....hopefully everything goes well with the 92 eggs i set yersterday.

Back
Top Bottom