Share about recent or expected rabbit kindling?

Yes please! I love ND bunnies
smile.png

I'm considering breeding my two rabbits together, an Agouti Mini Lop buck to an Orange Dwarf Lop doe- any tips or things I should consider? Also, would I be better waiting until spring?
Well.... I haven't noticed anything different between kindling large breed litters and dwarf litters. The babies definitely grow faster :) I would personally wait until spring, unless you want to kindle them inside (like i do)
big_smile.png

Yikes! Brings to mind a question though when considering moving babies. I read about breeders stockpiling fur for when mama doesn't provide enough. Does it matter which bunny it comes from? Should I start saving the stuff from the brushes as we groom? How old can it be?

Yikes! Brings to mind a question though when considering moving babies. I read about breeders stockpiling fur for when mama doesn't provide enough. Does it matter which bunny it comes from? Should I start saving the stuff from the brushes as we groom? How old can it be?
I gave some of the ND fur to the FG doe (she didn't pull enough). It worked great! So, yes... Start saving!
big_smile.png

Another trick is that you can use dryer lint if your doe doesn't pull enough. No, if using old fur, it doesn't matter which rabbit it comes from. My buck was shedding during my last kindling and I added some of his fur to the pile the doe had made.

Back
Top Bottom