Share your chicks growing up.

Wait 1, I got a pic of them doing the "face plant" sleeping method!
:lol: When my chicks did that for the first time I thought they were dead. That is the funniest thing ever. My brooder raised chicks loved to sleep like that. I am not sure about Jewel's chicks as they prefer to sleep under her.

These are the chicks that started my chicken passion:
They are all from TSC and the bantams were just to cute to pass up.

Goldie, I think she is a mixed breed bantam

Zenah an Old English Game Bantam

Buffy, another Old English Game Bantam

Panther a bantam Cochuin. She started my love for Cochins.
I just love her, she is my lap chicken and loves to talk and be cuddled

Sparky a mixed bantam

Twilight another mixed bantam

Smokey a Cochin bantam

Flash a Barred Rock mix I believe

Loki a barred rock mix

Popcorn one of my RSL's

Chipmunk a RSL

Roonie a RSL

Trixie another RSL

Pringles a RSL

Cherry another of my RSL's

My poor RSL's beaks started falling off about a week after I got them. I freaked out and later found out they probably tried to de-beak them at the hatchery and it went wrong. They all have very strange beaks now but they can do everything my other chickens can so I am no longer concerned for them.

Here they are now

Loki I think is so Pretty

Flash

Smokey

Buffy

Goldie

Zenah

Panther, my lap chicken

Here are some pics of my RSL's. I can no longer tell them apart so I call them my girls. I am working on a identification system so they can each be called by their names,.The rooster is my Cochin I purchased with Jewel as a pair. His name is Blu and he is an amazing protector and ladies man.

Sparky my best flyer

Twilight a close second to Sparky on the flying

All of these chickens are around 5 months old and all the full size pullets have started laying.

Last edited:
Here are my hens I purchased as adults

Celeste

Big Momma

Rarity

Jewel

These are also the only hens that were laying when Jewel went broody.

These are the chicks that started my chicken passion: They are all from TSC and the bantams were just to cute to pass up. Goldie, I think she is a mixed breed bantam Zenah an Old English Game Bantam Buffy, another Old English Game Bantam Panther a bantam Cochuin. She started my love for Cochins. I just love her, she is my lap chicken and loves to talk and be cuddled Sparky a mixed bantam Twilight another mixed bantam Smokey a Cochin bantam Flash a Barred Rock mix I believe Loki a barred rock mix Popcorn one of my RSL's Chipmunk a RSL Roonie a RSL Trixie another RSL Pringles a RSL Cherry another of my RSL's My poor RSL's beaks started falling off about a week after I got them. I freaked out and later found out they probably tried to de-beak them at the hatchery and it went wrong. They all have very strange beaks now but they can do everything my other chickens can so I am no longer concerned for them. Here they are now Loki I think is so Pretty Flash Smokey Buffy Goldie Zenah Panther, my lap chicken Here are some pics of my RSL's. I can no longer tell them apart so I call them my girls. I am working on a identification system so they can each be called by their names,.The rooster is my Cochin I purchased with Jewel as a pair. His name is Blu and he is an amazing protector and ladies man. Sparky my best flyer Twilight a close second to Sparky on the flying All of these chickens are around 5 months old and all the full size pullets have started laying.
Wow what a beautiful flock!!!!! Smokey is my fav with sparky and twilight my second fav! They are all beautiful!!!!!

Oh My!!! Snow White just came after me and pecked me. I am really thinking cockerel now. Is this a normal behavior in a hen raised chick? I was not scared but do not want it to grow up attacking people. I was checking to make sure they were all in the house because Jewel came out and I only saw 3 chicks. They were trapped and Snow White felt threatened and ran toward my hand and pecked me. :lau. It was very funny but I know it won't be when Snow White gets older. :he

Yea that sounds like cockerel behavior to me. Idk about hen raised chick behavior vs. not. It could have been him protecting his siblings/flock witch is what you want in a good rooster only because he felt trapped, just keep watching his behavior as he grows. He still might turn out to be a calm people friendly rooster.

I got quit a few new babies.
2 EE chicks I got 2 1/2 weeks ago
4 clean legged assorted bantams 2 weeks ago
4 LF blue laced red wyandottes on tues.
2 silkies today I think 1 white and 1 splash

And I got 4 EE/polish eggs and 3 serama eggs under my EE hen.

I will post pics tomorrow!!!!!

TIME FOR BREAKFAST!

Back
Top Bottom