Share Your Mistakes

I believe I would make sure that it was more rat proof. If you have chickens, you are eventually gonna gat rats. I realized real quick that chicken wire is kindof a joke for those horrible rats! I use the 1/4 inch wire now and that is a lot better. Just like it was said earlier, it costs more.

LOL my biggest mistake is mixing between 6 and 9 on the tape masure and cut the wrong size, I sweare I did the same mistake like 5 times or more, I guess I get so excited that I forget what I am doing.

Well, I guess I'm an oddity, but I'm happy with my small coop and four chickens. The henhouse is 3x5 and the covered part of the run is 7x5. The doorway is only 5' tall: if it was a foot taller it would look out of proportion, but my forehead would probably like it better.

maybe paint it or seal it before assembling or stapling on the wire. keeps you from wasting time painting stuff you don't need to or the chickens eating paint chips that come off the wire.

Thank you for all the great mistakes..er.....replies..
tongue.png

Well the top three:

1. Make it BIGGER....BIGGER....BIGGER

2. Solid Roofing

3. Tall enough for a people door

Is it spring yet??
roll.png

Thanks again!

Ma

MY biggest mistake was not making my coop bigger cause im addicted and want more chickens

10'X12'X16' 31 chickens

1. Bigger!

2. make sure the chicken door is on the side of the coop that the wind Don't blow in.

3.Bigger!

I want more chickens!
love.gif

Quote:
This was my number one wish I had done it! It would have been much easier to paint things before assembling then afterwards. I am tall and squatting down to paint the siding on the shed was very tiring. I rushed and wanted to get it assembled, but if I build another one I'll paint most of it before hand.

Back
Top Bottom