Share your snow scene pictures.

Pics
Up in Alaska those ice pillars were pretty common. Even the car headlights and tail lights threw them. Pretty neat to see them moving around in traffic! Ice beams one night, Northern Lights the next. There's a lot I miss about Alaska.

Those are so cool! Living in the area that you and Michael do, I'm sure you've had the experience of driving through the snow clouds full of floating ice crystals up on the mountains. That's what your second shot reminded me of....

We get those a lot in the foothills where we live. :eek:)

The other winter time treat I miss are the sun dogs. We get a little prismatic effect once in awhile here, but the real deal is in the far north. Google "sun dogs" for some good examples, if you're not familiar with the phenomenon.

The other winter time treat I miss are the sun dogs. We get a little prismatic effect once in awhile here, but the real deal is in the far north. Google "sun dogs" for some good examples, if you're not familiar with the phenomenon.

Klopklop posted a great picture of Sundogs on the surviving Minnesota thread the other day.

Last edited:
We just got 21 inches of snow here in McVeytown pa the chickens don't like it though so I had to shovel patches just to get the them to come outside they would not even go into the covered run

Back
Top Bottom