Sharing Some Pictures For Fun - Guineas, Silkies, & Their Home

Quote:
What is Maple? Looks like my BB Red Hens??

She's a mutt of some sort, but I think she's an old english game/hamburg/ unknown mix. What's a BB hen btw?

Your birds are beautiful!
I'm so in love with your silkies
love.gif

Last edited:
THANK YOU to everyone for such nice comments on my flock. These are my first guineas and chickens. We decided on the guineas due to a run in with Lyme Disease from a deer tick this summer, and then I wanted some silkies to cuddle and possibly use as broodies for the guinea eggs. This has been so much fun for our family. I was lucky enough to find a very nice group of paint silkies. I find these fluffy chickens completely irresistable!

@PolishSilkies, thanks for sharing a picture of Maple! She's adorable, I love that gold coloring on her head too!

@Dwegg, it's true, you will LOVE having silkies. I bought mine after having 0 success hatching 24 eggs, but I do have 5 more eggs in the incubator I'm hoping I can get a couple nice silkie hens from. Mine are due 10/3, what about yours?

@I-Have-Happy-Hens, I'm happy to hear you like our run! We spent so much of the summer working on it and are just getting to finishing it up adding metal roofing panels. We designed it to keep out snow and predators. We can get quite a bit of both. We just attached the run to an old small shed, but we wanted to make the run large and usable for all but the most extreme weather conditions. Here are a few pictures I have of it:
newrun.jpg

run.jpg

coop.jpg

(The ramp has been changed since the below pictures were taken....)
theramp.jpg

sheddoor.jpg

Your Guinea keets and Paint Silkies are so stink'in cute!! I currently don't have any Silkies, but I do have 9 Guineas...plus around 3 dozen Guin-eggs in the 'bator. (
hide.gif
) You have a very good assortment of colors in your Guinea flock, to say the least!

Your coop is wonderful as well; they have so much space!

~Aspen

Thanks for posting photos of your run! I've been planning out how to build a predator proof 10x10 area for 3 hens, and this is very close in construction as what I had in mind (although much bigger!). It's extremely helpful to see something like this. You've got a lovely flock there!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom