She Flies into My Arms… KYAAA!! <3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HetaChick, Jan 29, 2012.

1. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    So I have this mega adorable OEGB mix and she is sooooo good at flying it's crazy. She's not much bigger than she was in my Avatar now (a week later?) but that bird is crazy good at flying. But she's so cute! I'm her mama and if I set her down and walk away (of course she follows) but if she gets distracted and she find myself a distance away she'll run over and fly all the way onto my chest or shoulder. I had no idea chicks could fly so well at this age. And she's a bit chunky xD …she eats…very well.

Another funny thing was I was filling up a tub once and I was half in it… (she was running about on the bathroom floor because I didn't have to heart to put her away and have her cry her beak off for me x.x ) and she flew across the room tried to land on me, missed, touched the water and flew straight up in the air all the way back to the counter. I didn't know they could be so adept at flight either o.o;
    After that she just creepily watched me from across the room and preened herself XD

I think bantams are teaching me their ways.

When I take her to "foreign lands" she flies more than walks and always ends up on my shoulder. This is a crazy bird. But I have a feeling she's going to be one great pet chicken as an adult.\

Right now she's sleeping in my sweatshirt. Ahh… cute chickies… :3

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

She sounds precious! [​IMG] Chickens are special, as you are finding out.

3. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    That is so sweet. I hope she doesn't grow out of it.

My rooster used to sit in my lap for half an hour at a time or more, loving the cuddling I would give him, until he hit puberty, and now he's too big to get in my lap without sliding off.

His sister, on the other hand, is half the size of him, and she is now my lap chicken. I can't crouch down for a split second without her jumping into my lap. Even when I offer her worms, noodles, or other yummy treats to get off my lap, she won't take the bait. She just wants to sit in my lap and be petted. She even "purrs" as I pet her.[​IMG]

4. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    Aww! That's so cute! My little girl is in teenage move now but mommy still comes first. She just has to be ran outside to get some of that boundless (or not so boundless) energy out…. by me walking across the yard several times with her dashing after me flapping her wings. I hope once she matures she stays this lovey, she's bantam so she'll stay decently sized. She's preening herself on my chest right now as I type. She just puffs uo.

What you said about your hen jumping onto you reminded me of something. She likes to hop on my back when I bend over, puff up and sit there. I walked around the house bent over to show my family and she just stayed there looking like a princess.

5. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    My Dutch Bantam does the same thing.... she's ALWAYS been the sweetest little bird. She would sit ANYWHERE for a photo shoot and loved being held. She is even more sweet and cuddly as an adult. She will fly to me just to ge held and pet. She was attacked by a hawk over the summer.ni saved her and fixed her up, awas a bit shy for a while afterwards, but she has gone back to being the sweetest hen. She loves to be held by ANYONE and doesnt mind being passed around to a bunch of kids. I love her.

6. Allygirl

Allygirl Out Of The Brooder

My roo Sparky is about the same although thank goodness he doesn't try to fly onto me! He will perch on your arm and sit on your lap all day, the other day he came inside and ate the dog's food.

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

She sounds like the perfect house pet :oops:

You need to take a video!

8. i wish i had a hen like that...but i do have two young billy goats that follow me everywhere that i bottle fed! adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by