She just disappeared?

Was thinking about this...and wonder if maybe she just got stuck somewhere out in the yard.
Always drives me nuts not having an answer, but sometimes there just isn't one.
Hope you can figure it out and how not to have it happen again. Hang in there.
Thinking out loud: I'm baffled too aart and also thought maybe she got herself stuck, but there was the bang.
idunno.gif
I knew they were young but I didn't realize she was that small. In theory, Owls hunt at night, hawks by day and share the same territories and food sources here.I rule out owl. We have large gopher snakes, but that would have taken some time to swallow, and a chicken likely wouldn't just stand there and let a snake slither up and grab it,so I'd rule that out too. Raccoon? They're pretty prevalent here, but again, broad daylight on or near the patio and fast. Not likely but I've known them to attack small dogs. Cat? Hmmm...could be? I worked animal control in our area for many years. We were always inundated with them. I've seen dogs and cats that were attacked by hawks. I remember one call where the hawk dropped the dog on the roof when the lady ran out. Dog survived BTW. I've seen them eye up my little white dogs. Dunno. I guess hawk but maybe set a have-a-heart trap for a while just to see?

My very own barn cat has killed 4-5 month old silkies, took them over a 5 foot fence, and left nothing but the head on my porch, a good 50+ feet away. Dog never raised a fuss, cause it was just the cat......

I know! We need a save the lakes campaign here. So many are almost dry while the water goes to water acres of lawns put in for decoration. This is why our lawn takes no grass and has drought resistant plants. Our only grasses are barely watered and take up a tiny percentage of our property. Then they are watering the golf course several times a day and people ask why the lake is so low. Clueless.

I know! We need a save the lakes campaign here. So many are almost dry while the water goes to water acres of lawns put in for decoration. This is why our lawn takes no grass and has drought resistant plants. Our only grasses are barely watered and take up a tiny percentage of our property. Then they are watering the golf course several times a day and people ask why the lake is so low. Clueless.
I don't want to hijack the OP, but she's surely feeling out drought too! Did you read the news about the millions of balls they released in the reservoirs to slow evaporation? We have WMWD. They must only allot a gallon a day before they rake in the penalties! I am SO water wise. My bill is 300+ per month for fees penalties and nonsense. Pray for El Nino!

Back
Top Bottom